Shocks and struts absorb road imperfections, provide stability, and ensure a smooth and controlled ride. Understanding their function and recognizing signs of wear is essential to maintaining optimal performance.
What Do Shocks & Struts Do?
Shocks and struts are part of your motorcycle's suspension system, which consists of various components working together to provide a comfortable and safe ride. Here's what shocks and struts do:
- Shock Absorption: Shocks and struts absorb the impact of bumps, potholes, and uneven road surfaces, reducing the jolts and vibrations transmitted to the rider.
- Stability & Control: They help maintain stability by keeping the tires in contact with the road, improving traction and handling.
- Weight Distribution: Shocks and struts assist in distributing the motorcycle's weight evenly, ensuring a balanced ride and preventing excessive weight transfer during acceleration, braking, and cornering.
- Braking Performance: They contribute to efficient braking by preventing excessive nose-diving and maintaining tire contact with the road surface.
Signs It's Time to Replace Shocks & Struts
Over time, shocks and struts can wear out due to continuous use and exposure to various road conditions. Here are some common signs indicating it's time to replace them:
- Poor Ride Quality
- Excessive Bouncing
- Uneven Tire Wear
- Fluid Leaks
- Longer Braking Distances
Choose Genuine Shocks and Struts
By selecting genuine parts, you can:
- Ensure a precise fit and compatibility with your BMW motorcycle.
- Experience the same quality and performance as the original equipment.
- Enhance the longevity of your suspension system.
- Maintain the resale value of your motorcycle.
No results found for "Shock, Strut". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!